The Henry County Probation Department strives to ensure the safety of the community by providing community-based supervision and accessing evidence based programming for offenders based on their identified needs.
Assisting offenders with taking responsibility for their actions, addressing their identified rehabilitation needs, and reducing recidivism are foremost in our goals as we serve the offenders, families, courts, and community as we work closely with Law enforcement, community corrections, and other community agencies. The Henry County Probation Department is dedicated to providing resources and supervision to make Henry County a safer place to living going forward into the future.
The Henry County probation department strives to achieve excellence in the field of probation through prioritizing evidence based training for its staff and evidence based programs for the clients that we serve. Our staff is truly the most important asset that we possess and their ability to provide ethical, responsible, and impartial services to all clients and families is a consistent goal in our vision for the future of Henry County probation.
Welcome to the Henry County Probation Department webpage. The Henry County Probation Department serves all three Henry County Circuit Courts through the preparation of presentence investigation reports, preliminary investigation reports, and the supervision of misdemeanor, felony, and juvenile offenders.
In the completion of these duties, the department provides protection of the community by identifying and reporting continued criminal and/or delinquent activity. Office visits, community contacts, and urine drug screening are all key components in the supervision of offenders and in reinforcing law-abiding behavior. The department also provides services or refers offenders to appropriate programs to increase their competency and support rehabilitation.
File a Criminal Report or Charge
Contact your local law enforcement agency (or 911 if it is an emergency):
- Henry County Sheriff's Department: 765-521-7041 (dispatch)
- Office Address: 127 N 12th Street, New Castle IN 47362
- Indiana State Police: 800-437-7159 or 765-825-2115
- Knightstown Police Department: 765-345-2785
- Middletown Police Department: 765-354-2281
- New Castle Police Department: 765-529-4890 (dispatch)
- Office Address: 227 N Main Street, New Castle IN 47362
Report Child Neglect or Abuse
Contact the Department of Child Services (DCS) at 765-529-3450
- Office address: 503 New York Avenue, New Castle IN 47362
- Hotline: 800-800-5556
Contact Emergency Mental Health Service
- Meridian Services (local mental health): 765-521-2450
- Office Address: 930 N 14th Street, New Castle IN 47362
- Access to Justice (legal information): 765-521-6979