Items That Can Be Recycled
- Plastics: Only number 1 and number 2 and number 3 plastics such as milk jugs, shampoo bottles, water bottles, water softener salt bags, etc.
- Glass: Only green, brown, and clear such as pickle jars, spaghetti sauce jars, beer bottles, olive jars, etc. Absolutely no window glass as it has been treated and cannot be recycled.
- Metal: Metal, bi-metal food and aluminum cans, please rinse and make sure they are as free of food debris as possible.
- Paper: Copy paper, school paper, newspapers, telephone books, catalogs, magazines, junk mail, corrugated cardboard and paperboard (cereal boxes) and hard backed books (do not need to remove cover).
Items We Cannot & Do Not Accept
- Anti-freeze containers
- Building materials of any kind
- Cardboard pizza boxes with food debris
- Fascial tissues
- Incandescent light bulbs
- Motor oil containers
- Paper plates
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
All recyclables can be put in a bag or a box and dropped off at our public Recycling Sites. There is no need to separate your recyclables.
- Middletown: Behind Municipal Building. on Locust Street.
- Mooreland: Behind former grocery store on corner of Mills Street and Cory Street
- New Castle: New Castle Transit Station
- New Castle: North 12th Street (Opposite the New Castle Police Department)
- New Lisbon: Beside Fire Department/Post Office on Wilbur Wright Road/500 South
- Sulphur Springs: Behind Post Office
- Mt. Summit: Back of the Mount Summit Park on the South side of lot/East of park
- Springport: Lot across from Post Office on Main Street