What if my child is detained?

At the time of your child's detention, you should be told by the arresting officer that you should call the probation office as early as possible the next regular business day, at 765-529-9174 (we are closed on Saturdays and Sundays).

At that time, you will be told when you will meet with a probation officer or if a court hearing is scheduled, when the court hearing will be held. There are many specific rules concerning the detention of a child, and you will be advised of those rules as soon as you meet with the probation officer. Please note you will not be allowed to visit your child until after the probation office has made arrangements for you to do so. If you have further questions, call our office at 765-529-9174.

Show All Answers

1. How are cases assigned?
2. Are my records public information?
3. What is a Presentence Investigation?
4. How do I pay my fees?
5. Does the Clerk's Office take personal checks or credit cards?
6. Can my Probation be transferred?
7. Can I leave the state while on probation?
8. How can I get in touch with a Probation Officer?
9. What should I do if I cannot make or have missed my appointment?
10. What if my child is detained?